Sunday, December 7, 2014

Our Common Purpose



The following excerpt is from a meditation by Msgr. Charles Pope at http://blog.adw.org/2014/12/its-a-wonder-filled-life-a-meditation-on-the-mystery-and-unlikely-chances-of-our-very-existence/

God has us here in this place at this time for a reason. We have some very particular purposes in His plan and He alone knows them all. Try for a moment to appreciate your dignity in this regard. You play a critical part in a cascade of events that ripple from your life and your place in God’s plan. No one can take that place and your role is crucial to millions of subsequent transactions in God’s wonderful vision.  Psalm 139 has this to say:

O LORD, you have searched me and you know me. You know when I sit and when I rise; you perceive my thoughts from afar. You discern my going out and my lying down; you are familiar with all my ways. Before a word is on my tongue  you know it completely, O LORD.  Such knowledge is too wonderful for me,  too lofty for me to attain. For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother’s womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful. All my days  were written in your book before one of them came to be (Psalm 139, selected verses).


Despite whatever differences exist in our perceived  purposes in God’s plan, one common purpose is to share our interest about Venerable Matt Talbot with others and to pray for his canonization.